Re: VLF: BBB-4-like receiver ready for first tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: BBB-4-like receiver ready for first tests
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 21:08:35 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Daniele!

I can't comment on the BBB4-RX because I don't know about it's design.

In my experience, a MiniWhip (PA0RDT, tnx Roelof)-like design of
antenna, is the best and most convenient way to receive VLF-signals
transmitted by amateurs. Just bring it some (the more, the better!)
meters away from noise-sources and it will work fine.

To match it a little bit better to VLF, one could increase the
capacitors and coils used in the original design. I also did some tests
with different transistors (BF1005 and BFY90 as 2nd stage) but I found
out that the  difference is marginal.

I know this is a bit "off-topic", cause you asked for the BBB4...just
keep it in mind in case you are not happy with your (maybe too
complicated) VLF-setup.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard