Re: LF: The Wideband Noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: The Wideband Noise
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:31:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
First I thought it was a lack of receiving conditions here.
But the noise band also appeared on WebSDR Delft.

Some Googling it appears this to be a NATO test transmission for Marine data.
Doc found on www.ero.dk attached.
Strange they test it here, where MF is rather stable and not in static area (arnd equator... Singapore!), where 500kHz most of the time is useless.

Jan/pa3abk