RE: LF: Re: IC718 problem

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: IC718 problem
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:33:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Dave

I have a mk2G and once you’ve done the diode tx mod it goes to tx mode 0 to 30mhz, however RF out is minimal much below 250khz, as you get above 400khz it rapidly spools up to 25w or so max.  My 735 is a bit drifty but fine for WSPR, though the frequency over-reads by about 20hz or so.  The 706mk2g is spot on however.  Not sure about the mk2 or the mk1 and what they can do.

Cheers

Jim