Re: LF: Re: IC718 problem

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: IC718 problem
From: Steve Dove <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:35:30 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Dave, Jim,

It's the spongey rubber-VCXO used in the IF shift/ passband tuning that's by far and away the worst drifty thing in the '735. More trouble than it's worth to try and fix, and which then leaves the radio with fixed bandwidth. Sigh.

Other than that, great little radio.

        Cheers,

                Steve

Dave Pick wrote:
Jim

I have an old IC735 which I have modified to give a good output from the transverter socket down to 136 (I removed a HPF) but the thing drifts horribly, no good for anything more than QRSS3. A 706 would be better. Which versions can be made to go into TX below 1.6MHz? I don't think a MkIIG can but can a MkII?

Dave.