LF: Re: Ae rigger 'job' anyone

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Ae rigger 'job' anyone
From: "Mark" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:23:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
'Free climbing' has been against the law in for climbing masts and towers etc for years in the UK
Climbers are required to be attached at all times, and fall arrest devices with shock adsorbers are commonly used
 Hooking on to a step that is not a closed loop is not going to keep you safe if you slip either.
Climbers are trained regulary to ensure that rescue techniques are practiced and that no bad habits are picked up.
My climbing kit has 2 fall arrest clips and a work position lanyard..
Yes, climbing with double lanyards slows you up, so fall arrest 'travellers' are used with fixed anchor systesm  on the mast allowing to to climb the ladder freely whilst still attached.
These fixed fall arrest systems are found on most masts that I climb

What the guy in the video did was not brave or clever. Just dumb.

Mark
GM4ISM