LF: Re: 9 kcs

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 9 kcs
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 21:49:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Mal,

well I would like to persuade you into getting a NOV and setting up to transmit on 9 kHz.

If I understood the info on your antenna system correctly, you have a total of 600 m of wire in the air, at a maximum height of 30 m. With a capacitance of 3 nF, and assuming a safe operating voltage of 20 kV, you could bring a current of 3.3 A to probably 25 m effective height. Depending on your ground system, you might need to put in about a kilowatt for this.

You would then radiate approximately 10 mW, slightly more than what Stefan can currently achieve with his 100 m kite. At a time of low QRN, such a signal would most likely appear immediately on the German grabbers, and would probably be detectable across Europe. I also believe that there would be quite some interest in crossband QSO's (9 / 137 kHz), which would give less equipped stations (like myself) a chance to participate in the dreamers' DX.

Think about it - I'm sure you won't be wasting your time ;-)

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)