Re: LF: 9 kcs

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 9 kcs
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:15:07 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 7:00 PM

Mal, we're in the beginning with all that. Remember: When I first read about experiments at 9kHz it was just a few guys that did mostly a few 100m. Then activity stopped for years. After I asked here in the reflector for some others interested in this "band", things started to move. Just a short while for all that happened.
Many things were written about RX, about DX with erected antenna and about my (and others) "garden fence" experiments with small erected antennas and earth antennas. Enough for just not waiting but do it yourself.
The earth antenna is just a kind of antenna. Even my marconi antenna is inducting, not just radiating.
It is inducing a lot less than spikes and wires lying on the ground.
To cover a good distance an elevated and loaded antennas is the only way, anything else is a waste of time
g3kev

Horst DO1KHS/DI2AN