Re: LF: EARTH

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EARTH
From: "WE0H-Mike" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:15:58 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
I run 11,100 feet of radials for my HF and 600m antennas. It works great but I
have lots of wire and lots of time to put them in the ground...hi hi

As Mal said, using a good antenna and a few radials will work good. Use a poor
antenna and many radials and expect a compromise performance.

I have been finding that using silver plated Teflon insulated wire for my
antennas and any coils, that my antennas seem to radiate well. I think the
silver plating has a lower A/C resistance than copper which lowers the wire
losses.

Mike
WE0H
WD2XSH/16