AW: LF: vlf stuff

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: vlf stuff
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:35:59 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Horst, VLF, LF,

On my grabber there are some carriers, even with stable frequency. But i do not
assume that they are ham generated ;-)
Before some days i have done a test transmission of DFCW-60, just to check how
it looks in the picture. The distance was 10m, so nobody has missed a real
experiment ;-)

Just as Markus said: The actual SpecLab Version, available at the site of
DL4YHF is working with a sample rate drift calibrator, recording/orientating on
recerence VLF transmitters.

The 4th picture on my grabber records the ALPHA station at 11904,762 Hz with
1,2 mHz FFT resolution. One can see that it was unstable in the first days the
grabber was active. Now, it is also locked to GBZ and is much more stable than
before! Just arround 19 UTC the calibrator failes. I assume that this is caused
by interferences AND the low signal level of this transmitter on my active
antenna. The low signal level is due to the internal band filter that
attenuates the signal arround 50dB at this fequency. Thus, i will modify the
filter in a next step so that the signl level will be stronger, so that the
calibrator can work sufficently.

Additionally i have much QRM in specific times. This is most probably due to
the solar panel voltage limiter. (I have now a 55Wp (slightly overkilled ;-)
)solar panel and a 7 Ah battery for power supply). This voltage regulator will
be modifed in the next days. The circuit is already in my mind ;-)

Daniele, sorry, i wanted to draw the circuit of the active antenna. I will do
it in the next days.

BTW, if there will be wind in the next weekend, i will do the next experiment.
Yesterday i have wound the new primary winding of the TX coil, suited for the
320V peak voltage...

OK, see you next here and on the band :-) (have to make qrt now, here visiting
a friend in Bochum this weekend)...

73, Stefan/DK7FC