LF: Re: Re: DREAM 9 ANTENNA

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: DREAM 9 ANTENNA
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:47:24 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim & Co
This is a band that really requires a large TX antenna to be realistic about
covering a few hundred miles otherwise all the work could be in vain with no
one to communicate with. No point having several stations active that only
radiate a few miles when in fact they are all hundreds of miles apart.
When I fired up on 73 most had moved to 137 at the time but I put in a few
appearances on CW. All the action was on 137 CW and I worked over 30
countries at the last count. I cannot say I have heard you much over the
years, just once in a while.
I suggested 50 ohms for my own convenience, equipment availability etc but
it could be anything.
g3kev