Re: LF: Why is this group not a Yahoo group with archives and web acces

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Why is this group not a Yahoo group with archives and web access?
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:37:16 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1268062636; bh=elXLLQ7s7zVaHhSV+g6715z1p8A2LheOLYrmB2wYb7Y=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=lJlr6+zH1l66D2im4fzA4GsmDmRtOkV8HmsX7TKZMXRknteDuychENfScwLMKr684FIKaBYAFUlwY1RsBWaVS95Pq1vULdMHmkAOjOfpFwK8CsT2OH6QHtNiBiYvlFVwn0qXmH8ZQfAS7R7imBnI8zdk0F7jeBNxMX/Spl/BA5A=
Sender: [email protected]

Hi John and group

I think one of the features of Yahoo and Google groups is that an archive of Circuit, Photographs, Articles, Grabber dumps and calculations like Markus’ work  can be stored in file (directories) attached to the group. In this way rigs like Rog’s GW3UEP “Starter” 500kc/s TX could be attached to the group archive. I think this is one of the greatest missed opportunities with the LF reflector to build a great body of work open to all and to new entrants.

The Softrock Yahoo group has a great archive body that all users can delve into which go right back to the origin of Softrock and is maintained up to the present so any of the kit info can be down loaded plus support projects that were never kitted but you can still make them because the info is there.

I have read through the Black-sheep preamble and there seems to be something similar available in a DOSy sort of way. If that is so it would be great if it could be used as suggested above. I think Roger G3XBM was getting at this in his mail if you read it. A delve-able archive is what is missing here I feel.
73 es GL petefmt