Re: AW: AW: LF: Re: 9kHz noise level

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: AW: LF: Re: 9kHz noise level
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:35:54 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan, Paul, and the group;

Nice to hear about the progress, and hope to catch some signals here (one fine day) in JO42FD near Bielefeld.

Stefan, just one suggestion:
A 2 m long 25 cm diameter tube as coil form will tolerate high voltages, no doubt. But it's not the optimum L/D ratio for maximum coil 'Q'. Did you consider other 'plastic objects' like plastic barrels (in German: Die grünen oder blauen 200-Liter-Regentonnen, die man in vielen Baumärkten findet) ? I have one of those things here, and iirc the material is polyethylene, which is quite a good dielectric.. better than some PVC.
You could even cool it from the inside wall with water, if necessary ;-)

Greetings from snowy Westphalia,
  Wolf  DL4YHF .

Stefan Schäfer schrieb:
Very nice Paul!
I hope i can generate a peak outcoming of the noise in the picture ;-)
Yesterday i have got a PVC tube with 25cm diameter and 2m long. Additionally i
have bought 0,4mm diameter enameled copper wire, abt 6km in one piece (i can
give back the rest). So today i try to wind the big L, abt 540mH! Than, the
internal R will be abt 350 Ohm, not less but no problem. As said, the limiting
factor will be the voltage at the wire...
73, Stefan/DK7FC