Re: LF: RE: Re: PF per Meter dependant on wire size?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: PF per Meter dependant on wire size?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:53:58 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Paul, Stefan,

I you cannot put the coil at the top of the tower there is an alternative, see http://www.strobbe.eu/on7yd/136ant/#Tower

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

At 10:35 30/03/2010, you wrote:
Dear Paul,

I have an idea. Take a photo of tower and the place where the coil will
be placed and add some red lines (e.g. with MS Paint) to illustrate the
wires. Then we can add some lines how we would do it :-)

Can you use the tower itselt as the antenna? I mean, can you place the
coil on the tower and bring some wires down to earth, taking the HV?
That would be the effectivest way to radiate a signal since the most
current will flow in the cable between earth and the lower end of your
coil! It's like on LF, MF and HF, the effectiveness grows when the
a short dipole or vertical).

73, Stefan/DK7FC