LF: Re: Re: Balun for tuned loop antenna

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Balun for tuned loop antenna
From: "Daniele Tincani" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:41:03 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Julian,
the schematic you can find on the web is not fully accurate anyway it is pretty close to the real circuit. About the DE1103 trick (I suppose you mean the firmware "bug" that can be forced to occur by operating the keyboard, etc.) I don't know if something similar can be found on PL-600 (never read anywhere on the web). The firmware is different w.r.t. DE1103, the controls are different but...you never know :-) In my opinion the soldering iron would be still helpful to reduce the gain loss at lower frequencies which is caused by the 10uH inductor on the source of the input JFET (this impedance buffer sits between the LPF and the mixer). I can't see C88, C96 and C97 on PL-600, anyway please I'm very interested in your reasoning for getting a result of 75 ohms, please could you kindly clarify?
Best regards
Daniele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julian Hardstone" <[email protected]>