Re: AW: LF: AW: Beaconing on 8.79 kHz in QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: AW: Beaconing on 8.79 kHz in QRSS
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:51:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
If I recall correctly, G0AKN (now SK) tried audio frequencies as well as 73 and
136 kHz.  G8DSU, who monitors this list, may have more information.  An article
by G0AKN on this subject appeared in the Jan-Feb.1999  issue of the AMRAD
newsletter.  More information may be found by searching online for G0AKN.

Most cave radio work takes place on 87kHz USB although we have sometimes used
frequencies as low as 27kHz.  The maximum range we have achieved with a 4 W
transmitter is about 2 1/2 kilometres.

73
John Rabson
F5VLF