Re: LF: Callsigns

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Callsigns
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:22:03 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Anything slower than QRS 3 leads to problems in QSB, some of the dashes break up and we get gibberish QRS10 is about the limit.
Some use QRS 120 and 240 ie take 240 sec dot that is 4 minute dot and 12minute dash, this is a long time and when QSB hits the whole dot/dash train gets chopped and appears as irregular traces and garbled, this leads to guesswork by the RX station, especially when someone has indicated a frequency that they will use.
It has all been discussed in the past so the above information is a consensus of opinion by experienced LF/MF operators.
also, QRS is a real time mode with immediate exchange of information between two or more stations and Attended by operators at each end.
I hope you are satisfied by this observation

G3KEV