Re: LF: G7NKS - Double Side Band: wspr?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G7NKS - Double Side Band: wspr?
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:45:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID464NkqqtV3872X36
M0FMT wrote:
Veeeery interesting Alberto

Would that give me 192 Kc/s of tunable band width on my SDR radio given the right software?
There has been a lot of debate on the softrock reflector but this one seems to quite good. Do you have first hand experience of it? Christmas is coming ...hee hee.

73 petefmt

Pete,

  yes, I have one and I am quite satisfied with it. It can sample at 192 kHz, so it will give you from -96 to +96 kHz of band
around the center frequency tuned with the Softrock. Assuming of course that the low pass filters of the Softrock let such
a large portion of the spectrum pass unaffected... usually they cut at a value rather lower than that.... you will probably
have to change some capacitors.

The fact that it does not need an external power supply is handy too...

A suggestion : if you will use Winrad for it, set it to use the ASIO drivers to interface the card. You will then fully benefit
of the 24-bit amplitude resolution.

73  Alberto  i2PHD