LF: RE: Re: WSPR beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: WSPR beacon
From: "James Cowburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:24:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave

Clock synchronization is key to WSPR, anything much more than 1 second out
between you and the other station will result in no decodes (been there done
that!)despite bold traces on the waterfall.  Also the WSPR program only
covers some 200Hz so unless the frequency is within that block it won't pick
it up.

I use a little routine that continually links my pc clock to a time server
and updates every 30 mins as my pc clock drifts like mad esp when the cpu is
busy.  I gather you may already be doing this so I'm probably teaching
granny to suck eggs!

HTH

With best regards

Jim