LF: Re: MY first WSPR - by ear ;)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: MY first WSPR - by ear ;)
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:31:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Not quite Dennis. A WSPR transmission period is 114 secs, starting on
each even minute and stopping at 54 seconds after the second minute.
These periods are fairly accurately timed. A station transmitting will
have set his desired transmit duty cycle, from 10% to 100%. So you will
occasionally hear continuous transmissions except for a gap of 6
seconds before each even minute. More usually it will be more like a
25% duty cycle with transmissions every 4 or 5 cycles. In your case you
heard a station with a 50% duty cycle, transmitting one period and
listening the next.

Just got bored and turned the WSPR monitor off, solid copy of SM6BHZ
with the occasional one from G7NKS. It seems nobody else is on tonight.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com