Re: LF: MY first WSPR - by ear ;)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MY first WSPR - by ear ;)
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:38:43 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Dennis,

Yes I see what you are describing, the system has some randomness in the tx / rx windows , most stations will set the system to 33% tx , ie you send for 33% of a time period ..... the system is in 'rx' for the other 2/3 of the time ...... as the top of the minuet approaches, the system enters 'rx' mode and records for a 120 second window .. this co insides with 'other' stations commencing tx

Once the window is closed ,the received file is processed and the results are displayed on your screen and if selected , the software will transmit the results via the web to the central data base , which , by the locator also calculates the distance

Your station will then wait till the next 00-00 and either enter tx or re commence 'rx' , don't worry too much about frequency stability, the system will resolve quite a drift during rx and a few seconds of time error

G ..