Re: LF: Re: LF Antennas - back to basics

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF Antennas - back to basics
From: "dave.riley3" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:59:18 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Howdy Mike,

Well, I am grateful for the 2 nulls as there is little or no activity in those directions thus making for some gain in the favored directions ( NE-SW ) and lowering noise from the sides...

As far as lowering the R of this loop, I plan soon to parallel the loop with a second one tuned in the near field, that outta run the 'R' down some more...

In the meanwhile an e-probe way out in the woods helps to cancel some residual noise...

In the LowFer days 160-180 khz. I found that the AC neutral was a decent enuf ground.

The idea of having above ground radials with an inductance in series with their common point makes for lower looses as well, but then again, one allows the local 'E' field to become part of the 'loop' while a complete loop shunts the local E fields and produces far less lethan voltages..

Gudday from Dave @ WD2XSH/17

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>