LF: Re:136khz WSPR and Loran notching (use 2 sound cards)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re:136khz WSPR and Loran notching (use 2 sound cards)
From: Andy - KU4XR <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:03:19 -0800 (PST)
Sender: [email protected]
--- On Thu, 1/15/09, Markus Vester <[email protected]> wrote:

> The straightforward way toapply this to WSPR would be to
> have one PC running SpecLab, and use an oldfashioned audio
> cable to feed the DAC audio output to a second PC running
> the WSPR decoder.
>
> Best wishes
> Markus, DF6NM

If your computer is fast enough, you can do this with a single
computer and 2 soundcards of different manufacture. This is what
I do. I run Win98SE with a Soundblaster, and a Realtek card. I
had to disable the on board sound in the BIOS before this approach
would work properly. It always tried to default to the onboard
sound and would not recognize the other soundcards. Now, I can
run a DSP filter, or SpecLab from one card as input, feed the output
as WAVE to the other card, use it to feed Spectran, WOLF, WSPR, etc.
I have not been able to get this approach to work with ARGO because
it always defaults to the input card.

73::

Andy - KU4XR - EM75xr - Friendsville, TN.
LOWfer Beacon " XR " @ 184.322 KHz ( QRSS-60 )
Coordinates:  N:  35* 43' 54" - W:  84* 3' 16"
http://www.myspace.com/beaconxr