Re: LF: Re: WSPR Beacon on 503.5kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WSPR Beacon on 503.5kHz
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:14:00 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mark, Jim, LF,

I'm seeing Jim's WSPR very well, and also hearing it, and at a reported
S/N ratio of anywhere between -7dB and +10dB. The strong periods are
very red on the WSPR waterfall, yet there's no trace of a 100Hz
artifact, so perhaps it's a spurious product in your RX/soundcard?

I've used both a vertical (my old TX antenna fed via a 9:1 balun) and a
Wellbrook ALA1530 loop, and get good results from both, but no trace of
any 100Hz sidebands/spurii

Coincedentally I'm also decoding MF DSC at the moment (2187.5) and have
seen decodes tonight from Shanghai Radio and COMMSTA, Miami, so 160m
should be pretty good too?

Cheers,

John