Re: LF: RE: Re: WSPR Beacon on 503.5kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: WSPR Beacon on 503.5kHz
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:57:59 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Andy, LF,

I have had no problems with the serial port PTT control of WSPR.

With a normal 9-pin RS232 port, on the motherboard of the PC, I use the
RTS line for PTT switching, via a simple transistor switch with no
problems. I've never looked at the DTR line, as I haven't any use for
it in my h/b interface, while running WSPR, so can't answer for what
that line does - but the RTS seems to work as expected.

Regards,

John