Re: LF: E field active antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: E field active antennas
From: andre kesteloot <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 15:59:37 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Andy Talbot wrote:
Hi Peter et group.   Sounds an interesting antenna, but for full band
Rx coverage I can't see what a folded resistively loaded dipole has to
offer over the conventional short whip into a high impedance voltage
follower other than strong signal handling, which isn't an issue at
our new operational site.

Andy,
you may want to look up

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0109031.pdf

which Frank Gentges K0BRA designed (with very minimal help from me :-)
The design was published in QST (Sept 2001) and many were subsequently made by Hams and others.
Flat (within 1 db)  from 15kHz to 30MHz
If overload is not a problem at your location, then, as the article suggest, you can use some other JFETS that then one we used in the original design

73
André N4ICK