Re: LF: E field active antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: E field active antennas
From: "Johan H. Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 21:26:23 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Andy,

I don't think the helical shape of the element will have any significant
impact on performance unless the frequency is approaching half wave
resonance of the helix itself (by half-wave resonance I mean hi-z at the
ends, virtually non-terminated, with a current maximum at the center).

I'd guess that the helix will equal a tube of the same physical length
but with slightly less capacitance, perhaps moving the LF corner a
little bit up (depending on amplifier input R of course).

73
Johan SM6LKM

---