Re: LF: Keyboard and Key Modes for 600 Meters

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Keyboard and Key Modes for 600 Meters
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:47:07 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
For you information

For about two weeks now, on an ad hock basis M0FMT and M0JXM have a QSO on 500kc/s between 11:30 / 12:00 noon each week day we are located North Herts/ South Beds area. Slow hand sent CW and occasional RTTY 85Hz shift plus 23 hz experiments at 45.45 Bauds. We also listen out for other stations but nothing heard to date.

Also there is a regular CW Slow and normal speed plus RTTY QSO sessions on Saturday and Sunday mornings in this area between G3XIZ , M0JXM and M0FMT. Again with different Shifts.
 I have also been trying out 150 / 200 Bauds rates using relay shifter in an attempt to prove a small relay can actually track that Baud rate this is not really intended for serious use on 500kc/s but I mention it to alert any who may have heard this signal and wonder what the H.... it is. I have also been sending (Attended) beacon transmissions at very slow Baud rates, basically for the aforementioned stations to try and decode.

However our prime aim is hand sent, pump or bug, CW. Chris XIZ I know is heard well but my self and Dennis not so well but we do get mailed reports of being heard by NoV holders and casual listeners to the band.

So although not rare DX the 500Kc/s band is in regular use in this area along with TX and Rx building for the band. Also a lot of listening is being done over the 500 to 505 region with disccusion of what has been heard on top band AM net nearly every week day night from 19:00 to 20:00 on about 1,9920kc/s +/-

I don't think we see the band in this area as being as Bleak as some would suggest but there is no doubt we do need more activity may be a calling time of say 20:00 hrs each night for 15 / 30 minutes so at least people know when they are most likely to hear activity
73 petefmt