Re: LF: antenna losses

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: antenna losses
From: [email protected]
Date: 29 May 2008 14:52 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Rik,

when I had been the wireless operator of DCUW in 1957 the sailors once
had set up a sunsail in a way that it touched the downlead of the ship's
T-aerial. It had not been possible to tune the aerial on MF using the
variometer of the MF transmitter! On HF, where the T-aerial has also
been employed, tuning was normal.

We all would regard a sunsail a "non-conducting" device, but for an
aerial with a typical impedance of about 50000 ohms the effect was
obvious.

HW?

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB