Re: LF: antenna losses

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: antenna losses
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:19:55 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rik,

playing with your figures for current and resistance, one finds that the poor little twig would have dissipated 91 watts. Makes me worry whether it could have started a bushfire... During a fieldday a couple of years ago, we ignited bits of dry grass on the LF antenna wire for demonstration, which did create some respect for RF voltage amongst the bystanders.

73 and best of luck
Markus, DF6NM