Re: LF: CW Skimmer

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: CW Skimmer
From: "Roman ." <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:07:17 +0300
Sender: [email protected]

Tell me please, Pat, sir Samuel Morse is rx'd Morse code orally?)
Why all radio-amateurs in all country make a 'religion' from the knack of receiving Morse orally? The frontire of the Radio now - is a Computing devices + Programming + Radio equipment.
The 1 tube TX + key-bug is a history of the Radio.
Modern Radio is need a good 'users'. This is a reality.
Of course, the knowledge level for the designing computer devices and programming must be more high, then for design 1-tube-tx!
Therefore  the number of designers not so great now. 1000/1 as usual.
If you  like Radio and you a good user why you are is not radio-amateur?

* [email protected] [Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:23:03 EST]:
Actualy I do not agree with that statement. It is only in the present
state
of the art that you might say that a machine cannot read poorly sent
morse. It
 is not so many years ago that the present state of the art was
considered
beyond  the reach of machines!

It is surely not beyond the wit of man to imagine that a future
generation
of machines and their programmes (I hesitate to use the word software
deliberately) might not only decode a data stream called "morse" but
actually
interpret its "meaning" using rules based on language, useage and
machine-based
artificial intelligence!

In the same way that the modern radio amateur has become an operator
of
"black boxes" who is to say that the next generation of Black Boxes
will
not
become an operator of radio amateurs?

Some would say that this is alraeady the case!

73 de Pat  G4GVW es gd dx
Qth near Felixstowe,  UK

--
Roman ..