LF: Second night on 600m

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Second night on 600m
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:29:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Dave and all,

yes, good activity tonight.
I worked GI3PDN, G3DXZ, M0KDW, G3XVL and GW4HXO.
4 countries in 2 days ... 96 to go ;-)
Heard: G3AQC, G3ZWH and G0MRF beacon in CW

It had been raining all morning, as I tuned the antenna current was down to 1.3 A (1.4 A yesterday). Wet greenery is more lossy than dry greenery ... I knew that already from 137 kHz. As I has still 30 minutes daylight I added second earth stake, antenna current went up to 1.55 A. So in dry weather I should have abt 1.7 A.
ERP should be close to 0.5 Watt.

At 22 UTC I disconnected the variometer and loosened the antenna (supported by 2 trees), as WX-prediction gives wind up to 100km/h tomorrow. I guess I won't be QRV tomorrow. But WX should calm down by Friday and stay so the weekend.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting Dave G3WCB <[email protected]>:

Dear Rik,

Thanks for the QSO last night. Your signals are consistently stronger this
evening, and you seem to have stirred up quite a lot of activity on 500! The
band sounds more like 80 metres at the moment!

Stations heard in the last hour or so:- GI4PDN 569, G3DXZ 559, OR7T 569/QSB,
GW4HXO 549/deep QSB, G3ZWH 579, M0KHW 589 (new one for me,) G0MRF beacon.

Great stuff!

73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM