Re: LF: Fenceline longwire

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Fenceline longwire
From: "gboorerzl3pn" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:34:07 +1300
Sender: [email protected]

yes trees will work as lf antennaes..not recomended for trans mitting though ..not in clean green new-zealand...different ways to couple into trees using ferrite rods....a good sniffer on lf is a few ferrite bc rods wound and resonated onto frequency required..link coupled into a coax cable or even elcheapo flat twin power flex..hook other end onto reciever or convertor ..then place ferrite loop sniffer near different things and here what recieves lf....even the humble metal water pipe feeding house water supply can pick up all lf beacons in nz.....the sniffer also works great tracking where u have buried the thousand and one ground radials in the ground used for vertical lf set ups..the current loops the grounding is not that important..that will do from me..just built my hf amp 813s as rsgb hand book so back to that...heard a whistba i may get 500khz permit...nextweek well never..george zl3pn hooray for now ----- Original Message ----- From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>