Re: LF: [ 500]; Two GW's Testing...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: [ 500]; Two GW's Testing...
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:57:02 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=Ilw24CgYF+P+aiov2OVJlfNACWJe258tR4EABq7FdA7hlY2XVrIgyRMR+ZjuU0d0OuOu43G9F0nN32YEFD7pphw5p8TFfv21lUGnw9x0Lkmhz+TXcCHlEAOYL8mid9LNpFfAzJhwV3DXvOOYcbBqxa1Ph85sqQILT+xk0y5kUPI= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Mike, LF Group,

No sign of your signal here in IO91VR north of London yet. I was watching my
own beacon signal on GM4SLV's handy screen grabber overnight. There was
pretty consistent reception without much fading while the path was in
darkness, and nothing at all in daylight. I have not heard anything much
over 2-300km during the day time here; to me it really seems that the ground
wave signal levels "fall off a cliff" much beyond that over land, although
the fact that GM4SLV, G3KEV and other stations near the coast can hear each
other during daylight seems to confirm substantially greater ground-wave
range over the sea. All the DX reports on my beacon signals so far have been
during darkness; and the distant signals I have heard have been then too, so
it looks like the ionosphere is only really cooperating at night.Any
possibility of operating your beacon after dark would be welcome here - the
503.8 frequency is fine by me!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU