Re: Re: LF: 500 RTTY first 2 way

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: 500 RTTY first 2 way
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:01:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy,

as John wrote:

> MSK is available in Spectrum Lab, and we have used it a little over here
> on 137. Wolf's implementation is based on the PSK31 varicode. The mode
> does work, but seems to be a bit "deaf" compared to PSK. As I recall
> (it's been a while), Wolf indicated that the decoder could stand some
> improvement.

Confirm, and not much to add here. The decoder works to some extent, but
definitely needs improvement.
I gave up on improving it at that time, since there seemed to be little
interest in it.
If I remember correctly, there was some successful  2-way MSK contacts within
DL, and a few SWL reports, but that's about it.

I never got the Massey-Hodgart decoder running properly (it always got stuck in
some state), so we just used the simple incoherent detector with a matched
filter.  I still have the C / C++ sources here, so anyone is invited to improve
it ;-)

Cheers,
  Wolf  DL4YHF .

P.S: Thanks for the LF QSO Jim, pushing the score to four CW QSOs on one
afternoon (PA0SE, DL2HRE, G3YXM, M0BMU).
Now closing on LF due to increased QRN .