LF: Re: Re: 503.40 CW CQ from Shetland

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: 503.40 CW CQ from Shetland
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:52:43 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim.
I am surprised that u did not see GM4SLV who was solid on 503.4 khz qrs3
beacon this morning, also audible 549 cw but rapid qsb taking dives into the
noise.
The qsb was not evident in qrs3 mode.
I tried both my loops ie 190m perimiter wire loop, and 1m diam active loop
and was able to copy signals on both. The small loop posn N/S gave solid
copy and prob better sig/noise, the large loop although E/W gave me a
stronger signal with slightly more noise but the noise was not significent.
On TX I use the 1/4 wave inv L at 100 ft vertical and rest horizontal. I did
not try the vert on RX on the GM signal but it usually works well, the
signal could have been even stronger.
The sea path between us helps, and its the same with BHZ he is always S9
with me, also BE was S9 last nite on 505.1 khz approx.
 Propagation condx seem good at present in spite of the hvy qrn at times

73 de Mal/G3KEV