Re: LF: Re: Passive high-pass filter circuits?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Passive high-pass filter circuits?
From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:22:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John, LFers,

The source and load Z are both 600 ohms.  I'm using a telephone
"repeater coil" at the shack end of the line for isolation from local
ground of the sound card's  mic-in.  The "antenna" is an untuned,
equilateral triangle loop, apex up and measures 111 feet per side.
It's matched to the line with a small line to voice coil transformer,
(Hammond 119DA) which is good up to 20 kHz.  Calculations
showed a close match over the frequency range I'm interested in.
I want to put the filter in the floating 600 ohm line to reduce the
60 Hz. mains buzz and its first few harmonics so that the signal
going into the sound card is already "cleaned up" a bit.

73, J.B., VE3EAR - VE3WZL
Solar and wind powered
Lowfer " EAR"  188.830
EN93dr