Re: LF: Re: 500 kHz license refused in the Netherlands

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500 kHz license refused in the Netherlands
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:35:48 +0000
Cc: Dick Rollema <[email protected]>, Hans Blondeel Timmerman <[email protected]>, Dick Harms <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
> * The band is national and international not an amateur band
> * The band is still used for emergency, urgent and safety messages
> are just as valid for Germany, UK, Sweden and USA

       Dick, in the USA we were refused use of 495-505 on the basis that it is
allocated to maritime emergency service.
It is apparent that the allocation tables have not caught up with the reality
that nobody uses these frequencies anymore, and further no one even monitors
these frequencies for emergency traffic anymore. However no bureaucrat  will
take a risk for what is essentially an amateur experiment.

We got around that by accepting a band from 505-510 kHz, which is not
designated for emergency traffic.

 I have a new application in requesting 505-510 and 510-515kHz with 200 watts
erp and many more modes including ssb. It will take time and patience to see
the results of this application.

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ/WD2XSH/23/WE2XEB/2
FN42hi

From: Dick Rollema <[email protected]>