Re: LF: Re: 500 kHz license refused in the Netherlands

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500 kHz license refused in the Netherlands
From: Dick Rollema <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:56:00 +0200
Cc: Hans Blondeel Timmerman <[email protected]>, Dick Harms <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Walter, DI2AG/DJ2LF wrote:
:
Dear Dick,
       sorry about the bad news. But - how about asking your radio agency
for a test- and research permit?
Dear Walter,

That is exactly what I did, with accent on the research of skywave propagation and on the reliability of daytime communication using small power.

It is queer that the reasons for refusal:
* The band is national and international not an amateur band
* The band is still used for emergency, urgent and safety messages
are just as valid for Germany, UK, Sweden and USA and in these countries this is not a reason for refusing permission to use the band for research and experiments. I had also stated I wanted the permission for a limited period, preferably one year. So the agency could always revoke the permission after that period. But being a small country our administration is always very cautious and not inclined to be at the forefront on subjects that have not been agreed upon between a large number of countries in CEPT or similar organisations.

But who knows what the future may bring. Our 136 kHz permission also came rather late.

73, Dick, PA0SE