RE: LF: Strange signal 500khz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Strange signal 500khz
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:52:44 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Markus,

Not so  :-)  the TV was continuously on one channel for 2 programs whilst I monitored, I watched 500KHz last night deliberately around the time my wife switched the set on therefore proving it was my own TV. I believe that the stepping effect is probably due to the "Freeview" digi-box because the TV is an older analogue model & I would expect a steady (ish) interference with no prominent stepping. I will do some tests with & without the digi-box.

I do always see a continuous weaker line near the same point which was also visible in my previous attachment which is not due to the TV being in standby as we always switch the set off by the mains on/off switch, the line could be generated by one of my other electronic items which are always in stanby mode as they do not have a mains power switch.

It seems that Alan's comments about TV interference at that frequency were correct.

73

Gary - G4WGT.