Re: LF: Strange signal 500khz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Strange signal 500khz
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:06:40 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=a8v+jRST3cdTE+zj/p9FoZ+gPPmyUdpkmB66ogqiavuJrP4Z7UDzp9ZtLigLtzRRKEjZ8cOwPBYAIDuLojMjcjbUbt1qS7cttHrzZuL8AicZrztMuseVp+KHeN9sez3adBo7AU2MJo7WXQP2ePWXj+CXG8aX/5UxSVmRJ8x7pdY= ;
Domainkey-status: good (test mode)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Gary, I dont know how they work but I would suggest the digibox is
deriving a linescan rate from the received digital TV signal periodically
and it applying that to the analogue signal it generates to send to you old
set, what you are seeing are the "corrections".... a bit like a digital PLL.
Interesting......That means the signal you are receiving is probably
generated by the set's line scan circuit. It might be interesting to put a
braid breaker on the aerial to the digibox ( of the TV) and see if the coax
braid is radiating the signal.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK