RE: LF: Strange signal 500khz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Strange signal 500khz
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:43:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alan, Markus & LF,

Here is an interesting result,

I wrote :-
 " I believe that the stepping effect is probably due to the "Freeview" digi-box because the TV is an older analogue model & I would expect a steady (ish) interference with no prominent stepping. I will do some tests with & without the digi-box. "

After watching the mid-day news today whilst monitoring 500KHz using SpecLab I switched off the digi-box & the stepped interfering line stopped, I then switched the digi-box back on & the line returned as I expected, now I switched the TV off leaving the digi-box on & the line stopped again. So it is not generated solely by the digi-box but a combination of both the TV & the digi-box being on.

Comments invited.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT.