Re: LF: GPS Locked test transmission

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GPS Locked test transmission
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:37:54 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan and other clicklockers...

All should be fine if the CFH stuff is not exactly on 137.00000000ish

The clicklock alg. can easily resolve in the sub mHz region so seeing around QRM should be easy.

Even the Russian loran line shouldn't really cause QRM if your careful in the interpretation of the data if you switch phase on the amateur signal for the same reason a PSK31 signal produces two lines in its idle mode. Our early experiments used this feature to produce unique sequences based on the phase switching time so that QRM such as loran lines could be excluded and the real amateur signal identified. I modified my DDS software to allow phase switching in 11 degree ish increments to play with this concept and had lots of fun pulling my clip leads radiated signals from across the yard out of the noise. I believe the ZLs also evolved this to a higher degree in their experiments. Depending on the version of the alg you're using they may need to use certain freq that the DDS can produce which are rational numbers. Peter's 'spinfreq' adaption allowed for using irrational numbers but the absolute GPS phase reference gets lost if I recall. Of course Peter had a solution to that as well involving some real fancy stuff to get it back using the loran pulses if my memory serves me well...

I'd suggest breaking out Excel and play with the FFT feature and create your own methods to extract the signal and you may be surprised. I have a template around here somewhere that could be used for experimenting if you need something to start off with. Peter may have something more up to date...

73 Scott

Alan Melia wrote:
Hi Uwe, i would think it would be better fot Andy to avoid exact frequecies
like that also I wonder if you were receiving a line from CFH which is
centred there and has been active the last few nights. It is not so strong
at the moment but is visible on Spectran here, as a noisy 200Hz wide band.
(GMSK)
Cheers de Alan G3NYK