LF: RE: DFCW, power and time.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: DFCW, power and time.
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:28:52 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear J, LF Group,

Checking the meter would definitely be a good idea - If you are putting out
a decent signal, there must be some current there somewhere! As you say
there should be about 1.4A at the TX output. Also a good idea to check if
anything is getting hot, but not with the carrier present!.

As far as other suggestions go, it is difficult to comment without knowing
how the system is connected up. Reading your past e-mails, I believe the
variometer is connected between antenna and ground, with part of the
windings out of circuit? Is the variometer still coupled to the feeder via a
link winding? How is the isolating transformer you recently added connected
into the system?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU