LF: Re: Re: RE: DFCW, power and time.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: RE: DFCW, power and time.
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:50:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi J, yes check the antenna current meter in the shack but use a dummy load
not the antenna. Thermocouple RF meters are easily damages by transient
overloads.
If it is a ferrite torroid device they can give weird and erroneous results
within the field of the loading coil....if you cant physically get clear it
may be better to put it in the grounded side of the coil.

Dont knock the 100 watts, you should be getting much much further. Joe VO1NA
was only running 100w to a much smaller antenna (-6dB) and got reports from
Russia (or was it Poland) OK some of that is water path. John A has been
copied in the UK running 10 w into his loop which is probably not as
efficient as a vertical. Stations running that power (100w) have worked much
greater distances on QRSS, so have a look at the antenna again when you have
OKed the meter.

Good Luck, it will come right soon
Alan G3NYK