LF: Re: RE: DFCW, power and time.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: DFCW, power and time.
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:48:49 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Jim

Steve pointed that out and asked me to check the coil temperature and I was to do it last night and forgot. I will put the carrier on and leave it then drop the carrier and check for heat immediately.

That will be my next test. If that is the problem then I may reexamine the tuner. If it has to be redone it is a shame, because it looks so good on the scope. Lately, when the wind blows here the current waveform blows slightly behind and ahead of the current, and as Steve says, it almost looks alive.

Signal reports and captures are quite good for a 100 Watt transmitter from down in southern BC, so something is right.

I have never taken the antenna current meter out of the circuit, so perhaps it is time to put it in the coax inside the shack on the line going out to the antenna. In a 50 Ohm system, the current should be 1.414 amps. If I still see nearly no current, the problem is with the meter.

How does that sound as a plan: check for heat, check the meter?

Any other suggestions?

J.