Re: LF: Odd Frequency Crystal Oscillator moule - completely off topic -

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Odd Frequency Crystal Oscillator moule - completely off topic - sri
From: Andre Kesteloot <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:44:52 -0400
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
Andy wrote:

'pologies for non-related post, but hopfully someone here may know...

Please, can anyone shed any light on why a TTL type crystal oscillator
module should, at one time, have been available from Digikey (or possibly it
may have been Mouser) in the US?   The module is now discontinued, but was
supposed to have been in their catagloge at some time over the last few
years.  A circuit diagram lists the part number  " Fox  JITO-2-PC5BM-225.06
"

It is a weird frequency to be of widespread use.   The reference cropped up
in the course of a non-amateur related investigation.  (Hint - look at the
7th harmonic)

If you've got any firm positive info, please contact me off-reflector either
on this account or [email protected]

Andy G4JNT

Andy,

Since this can be of use to radio amateurs too, let me reply here:
Digikey does not carry Fox, but Mouser does.
Fox makes some xtals that can be programmed by the distributor.
JITO is the acronym for "Just in Time Oscillators".
The Jito ranges are : 0.344 to 125 MHz and 125 to 250 MHz
See page 689 of their latest catalog
or go to: http://foxonline.com/pdfs/JITO-2_brochure.pdf.
Prices for qty 1: $14.79
Delivery 10 days or less.