Re: LF: BBC 198kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: BBC 198kHz
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:00:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike that does look as though there may be a need for a tweak of the
reference oscillator, but this will need confirming. One problem with some
radios is that they derive all the LOs from the reference except the BFO is
separate, and drifts to its own "script.". This would lead to a constant
offset. Most modern rigs seem to derive all mixing frequencies including the
BFO from the reference which make things easier unless as Stewart says there
are bugs in the firmware or rounding errors. I guess the errors you quote
would not be a problem on the HF bands, many amateurs would not notice them.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK