Re: LF: BBC 198kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: BBC 198kHz
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:10:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Bill fascinating info......would it be correct to say that with the
magnitude of Mike's error, it is the result of a slightly high reference
oscillator ?? The step size is determined by the reference (divided down)
and Mike's steps which accumualate across the 500khz band seem a little too
big. This would of course depend on whether or not there was a sideband
reversal. Of course if you reduced the step size you could finish up with a
constant offset across the sweep.  Maybe there is no way to compensate for
this and it is regarded as "near enough"
I wonder if Alberto has read this as I think he might have an 850.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK