RE: LF: Rugby LORAN measurement?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Rugby LORAN measurement?
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:31:52 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I'd just like to follow-up Peter's comments re use of his recently developed
program to measure SNR as I am keen to get some measurements of the effect
of the Rugby transmitter in order to follow-up RSGB's contact with Trinity
House.  Peter's measurement and that of Alan's are a good step forward,
however, a few more measurements, properly carried out, could prove useful.
We have to be careful, though, as the measurement is SNR and not field
strength, and thus very dependent on the actual noise floor level at the
measurement site. Unfortunatly, although I've got Peter's program the noise
level is extremely high at my QTH, which even makes calibrating his program
at 100kHz (or 98.3kHz to be precise) difficult!  My efforts to do something
/P has so far been thwarted....

Grateful for any reports of SNR

73 John, G3WKL