LF: Re: Re: {Spam?} Re: Active_antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: {Spam?} Re: Active_antennas
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:03:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:05:33 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mal,

Though obvious at first thought, it might work different in practice.
I have tested my mini-whip on a local NDB at 399.5 kHz mounted 4 metre up on a fiberglass pole. The antenna was then pushed outside an upstairs window in the same position as before. The same pole and coax cable were used. The pole and the coax taped to it were horizontal in the second test.

I could not find a difference in signal strength.

Using an appropriate cable choke next to the antenna had also no influence on received signal strength. Though it reduced local noise quite a bit. The same happens when I connect a cable choke next to the receiver.

Best regards,

Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt